Sunday, November 14, 2010

10-11-14 Rabbi Michael Lerner's Response re: Vast over-representation of individuals and an organization, identified as Jewish, in "corruption of the courts and the legal profession" // La comunidad judía y "La corrupción de los tribunales y los abogados" en California



[IN PRO PER  IN LA] New comment on 10-11-14 Rabbi Michael Lerner is asked to call for....

I get approximately 100 requests of this sort per week from various reasonable sounding causes. I'm just one human being and can't look into them all. I can say that I know the entire prison system in California to be deeply flawed and a moral outrage, and would support a bill to immediatley free all prisoners except those who are convicted of violent crimes--and to provide them with gainful employment so they don't end up in prison again. I can also say that I favor a total reconfiguration of the legal system along lines developed by the Network of Spiritual Progressives www.spiritualprogressives.org, which would require in part a massive redistribution of wealth, but also a massive spiritual transformation of our values along lines I outline in The Left Hand of God: Taking Back our Country from the Religious Rigth.--Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor of Tikkun Magazine 

No comments: