Friday, August 12, 2011

11-08-13 Success in defeating them // El éxito en la derrota de los // 成功击败他们


     
At 07:24 PM 8/12/2011, you wrote:
What successes have you enjoyed thus far?

Sincerely
LH
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:13:07 +0300
To: LH
From: joseph zernik
Subject: Re: Success in defeating them

That's a loaded question, but I like the challenge. Nobody asked me this question in a long time.

a) CV
Short CV is linked below.

b) Financially:
I have not made a penny in the past 4 years, and although one could call it early retirement, it was never planned this way.  I had to lower my standard of living considerably.

c) Personally
I am committed to continue in this pursuit as long as I am happy doing it.   I work well over 10 hours a day on the average, and I consider it a clear sign that I am still interested in what I am doing...

d) Mission statement:
I defined my mission a few years ago as follows:

Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
You should notice that this mission statement does not anticipate any direct effects as far as rectifying the wrongs.  However, I believe that I have already made a difference, both in the US and elsewhere, although under such complex circumstances it is almost impossible to measure.

Otherwise stated:  I had no background in any of the areas I routinely write about: banking, law, courts, and computer systems in government and banking.  Furthermore, I never considered myself a writer in the first place.  I have never anticipated 5 years ago that I would be involved in this type of activity either.  Things just happened, and I decided that I was going to do what I felt I needed to do, because nobody else was doing it.

e) Assessment of interim achievements:
In retrospect, I find myself more than qualified for the job:
  • In January 2007 I filed my first report (about 100 pages) with FBI. It analyzed with great precision the corruption of the US banking-government complex and predicted accurately the financial and political consequences.
  • I also realized from the start, that given the scope of the corruption, this is a long haul, and that I could not expect any immediate success.
In the intervening years, I have:
i) United Nations report adopt my submission and declare the California courts and legal profession "corrupt". It was a major surprise for me, I was sure that my short report would be ignored, since I had no credentials for the job.
ii) Lectured and published in computer science and criminology international meetings/journals.
iii) Communicated with leading authorities in academics, in the executive, legislative, and judicial branches in the US and elsewhere.
iv) Learned entirely new subjects.  I enclosed a message to a friend below, relative to my recent visit to Japan.
v) Had well over 1,000,000 readers in over 120 nations over the past 20 months.
vi) I have lost almost all my old friends.  Many would not talk with me anymore, either because of fear or because of disagreement with what I do and write.  I have also make numerous new friends (mostly by email) and enemies...

f) Future directions:
i)  I am preparing for submitting another report to the UN in 2012 regarding the justice system of another nation.
ii) I am preparing for submitting another report to the UN in 2014 re: Human Rights in the United States. My goal is to have the UN conclude that the US justice system suffers from widespread corruption.  I am working systematically towards that goal.
iii) I believe that I may make a concrete impact on my main issue of interest - computer systems in the courts, prisons, banks in a smaller nation before I can make any difference in the US.  I am working on that in parallel, but do not report it to the US audience.
iv) I hope to make a difference in UN recommendations and policies regarding computers in the courts and prisons.
v) I hope to make a difference in banking regulation in a smaller nation first.

g) Request for help:
I was told several years ago by knowledgeable people in the law enforcement business that the only meaningful way to fight back is through a Hollywood movie.  I have now a treatment under review... :)]

If you know any other studios, producers that may be interested, I would be grateful.  It was looked at a couple of years ago by Oliver Stone, but he demanded that I be listed with a particular agent, and I had no connections, and was basically living in the underground in California then, under constant threat.

Any help in connecting with agents would also be appreciated.

Tentative title: Love hurts, sex kills... Alternatively: Dr Ruth or Rosa Parks. I believe it is a good mix of sex, banking and crime... :)

IN SUM:
  • When I started out in December 2006, I had no idea what I was getting into, and it was largely against my will.  I simply decided to go with the flow.  In 2008 I convinced myself that it was my karma.
  • Things happened, primarily in 2007-2010, which dramatically changed my life and outlook.   I was imprisoned twice, each time for a couple of days.  I spent more than two years under conditions that were nothing short of underground.
  • Looking back, I like to believe that I have achieved already more than I ever dreamed about, in an area that I had no idea I would be involved in.
  • I would like to think that once I am dead and buried,  I would have done a little bit of significant fighting against the mighty forces of darkness... :).
  • My motto: Our common civic duty in the Robber Baron Revival Era is to document the scope of the corruption!
JZ

LINKS:
[1]11-07-04 Joseph Zernik,PhD, Biographical Sketch
http://www.scribd.com/doc/46421113/

No comments: