The US Department of Justice has treated Los Angeles County for at least three decades as an extra-constitutional zone. On such background, synergy between the Los Angeles Superior Court and Countrywide Financial Corporation gave rise to Los Angeles County as "the epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud."
The financial crisis and corruption of sub-prime lenders have deep roots in Los Angeles County, California:
- In the early 2000s, FBI reports distinguished Los Angeles County, California as "the epicenter of the epidemic of real estate and mortgage fraud."
- That distinction is claimed to have been earned through synergy of the Los Angeles Superior Court and the Los Angeles based Countrywide Financial Corporation - the leading sub-prime lender at that time.
- At least in one case, where a renowned Fraud Expert, and FBI veteran, opined real estate fraud, the evidence showed collusion by the Los Angeles Superior Court (with Judge Jacqueline Connor leading the pack), Countrywide (with Chief Legal Officer Sandor Samuels leading the pack), and later Bank or America (with Brian Moynihan leading the pack). [1,2,3]
- By January 2008, collapse of Countrywide ushered in the US and global financial crisis
- The Los Angeles based Sustain Technologies is wholly owned by the Los Angeles based Daily Journal - the largest legal newspaper in California, with tight ties to the California Judicial Council.
- Sustain Technologies is the maker of:
- Sustain - the secretive courts' case management system, and
- eCourt - the courts' online public access system
- Around 1985 Sustain was first developed and installed in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- At that time, Ronald George, the immediate past Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court, according to his official bio, served in leadership positions in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Based on two unpublished reports by Dr Zernik, a world-renowned computer science expert provided an opinion [4,5] supporting Dr Zernik's claims that the Sustain enables fraud by court staff, and called upon US based computer science experts to investigate the system.
- Combined, Sustain and eCourt were opined by Dr Zernik as the enabling tools for racketeering in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- The latest report by Sustain Technologies claims: "25 Years. Two Provinces. Eleven States. Three Countries." 
- Based on submission by Human Rights Alert (NGO), detailing conditions in Los Angeles County, California, the Human Rights Council of the United Nations issued in 2010 a report referring to "Corruption of the courts and the legal profession" in California. 
- US Department of Justice has refused to enforce the law in Los Angeles County, California for at least three decades, effectively treating it as an extra-constitutional zone 
- Irrefutable evidence shows criminality in both Countrywide and in the Los Angeles Superior Court. [1,2,3,9,10]
- At least in one case, a renowned fraud expert - decorated FBI veteran - tied the refusal of FBI to enforce the law on Countrywide Financial Corporation and BofA to their collusion in criminality with corrupt judges of the Los Angeles Superior Court. [11,12]
 10-05-05 Countrywide Bank of America NYSE BAC and its President Brian Moynihan Compilation of Records Evidence of Racketeering
 10-05-05 Chairs of US Congress Committees of the Judiciary and Banking Are Requested to Join Senator Feinstein's Inquiries on Comptroller of the Currency
 10-07-06 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office Los Angeles Against Moynihan Bank of America [NYSE:BAC] Bryan Cave LLP Alleging Racketeering
 09-04-20 Prof Eliyahu Shamir's Opinion Letter re: Sustain - the Case Management System of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
 09-04-20 Prof Eli Shamir, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, directory information
 11-02-06 Sustain Technologies - Corruption of the State Courts Has Deep Roots in Los Angeles County, California
 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report:
 10-10-13 Extra Constitutional Zones - Excerpts From Discussion on the OAK Board
  10-10-15 Proposed Organizational Chart of the LA-JR (alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket)
 11-01-07 Superior Court of Los Angeles County, California: Widespread Public Corruption and Refusal of US Department of Justice to Take Action
 07-12-17 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) David Pasternak: Grant Deeds in re: 320 South Peck Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, opined as fraud by James Wedick
 08-08-21 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Email letter by highly decorated FBI veteran James Wedick regarding FBI's refusal to provide Dr Zernik equal protection