Tuesday, August 13, 2013

13-08-13 Snowden's Father Gets Russian Visa to Visit Son


  

Snowden's Father Gets Russian Visa to Visit Son
Posted: 12 Aug 2013 05:30 AM PDT
Lou Snowden, father of National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, said Sunday that he has secured documents to visit his son in Russia, where he has been granted asylum. Neither the elder Snowden or his attorney, Bruce Fein, have spoken to Edward since he fled for Hong Kong in May, but Lou Snowden said he would advise his son on how to deal with the charges. “As a father, I want my son to come home if I believe that the justice system … is going to be applied correctly,” Lou Snowden said on ABC's "This Week."
'"As a father, I want my son to come home if I believe that the justice system ... is going to be applied correctly," Lon Snowden said.
But the elder Snowden isn't convinced his son would get a fair hearing in court, given what he called "absolutely irresponsible" descriptions of his son's actions from President Barack Obama, his administration and top lawmakers from both parties.

READ MORE:

No comments: