Saturday, August 24, 2013

13-08-24 Moving up in life!

Today, Saturday night, I went to a place, where I was told there were some squaters houses, not far from Berlin Mitte. I got there at almost 10:00pm, when the streets were already full of drunks. I rang the bell, a Rastafarian opened the door. I said 'I am looking for a place to stay'. He said 'Welcome'.

Did not ask any questions, did not even know my name...

In fact, I felt a bit disappointed. I like to think of myself as a serious international criminal. After all, I am wanted by US federal agencies, and the Israeli authorities are trying to set me up as well. But I guess I still have to work on the looks... 

The community occupies a large, 5-story building with a nice courtyard. They have a large community kitchen with free food. If you can afford it, you pay 5 euros a week.

The guest room is large and nice.

I must say it is tempting to stay here long term. Hope to practice my German to get it fluent again... but a lot of people switch to English once I start having difficulties.

No comments: